Monday, October 4, 2010

Ambrosial Pan Sauce

I had a thawed chicken and was learning the fine art of breaking chicken joints from my dad. Needless to say, it was disgusting. Once the joints were broken (which makes it easier to carve) I washed it out (also disgusting) and dried it out (even more disgusting). Once it was in the roasting pan, it looked all...floppy (and disgusting). I arranged the chicken so it was less floppy, and stuffed it with lemon, garlic and lots of rosemary. I also stuffed butter and even more rosemary underneath its skin, which wasn't too disgusting, but was sort of difficult.

It was roasted at rather high heat, but it came out beautifully. I pour the juices into a pan, did not get rid of the fat (whats the point? Fat tastes good.) and whisked in some white wine, reduced it by half, and added some butter. This was poured over the chicken and tasted amazing. You could live on it, that stuff is so good. It had a hint of rosemary and garlic and smelled like heaven.

I will definitely make this again. I'm having trouble finding reasons to make chicken any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment