Monday, October 11, 2010

Strange Green Substances

It was almost perfect. I had everything I needed to make Pureed Mixed Vegetable Soup. Except for onions.
Onions. How could I not have them? Not one.

So I needed chives. We have a zillion in our garden. Armed with a flashlight and a paring knife, I went out after being warned about chucacabra thingys (mexican werewolves) by my brother. I found the chives, and cut a bunch of them with the paring knife (it works so much better than scissors.)

Once I escaped from the chucacabras, I made this soup of potatoes, broccoli, spinach and chives. The result was a strange green substance that looked like it belonged in a cauldron.

It was bland and weird and not very tasty. The  vegetable soups in this book have been sort of disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment